- Feb.2018 – Guest Lecturer at the Bodrum Architectural Library – View
- 2016 The Plan Award for Akasya Central Park, Istanbul Turkey
- 2016 Aga Khan Award for Architecture, Nomination for Akasya Central Park, Istanbul Turkey
- 2016 Aga Khan Award for Architecture, Nomination for Constitution Garden, Kuwait
- 2006: Aga Khan Prize for Architecture, Nomination for Olivium Villas
- 2005-2006: Premio Internazionale Dedalo Minosse, Honorable Mention, Olivium Villas, Bodrum, Turkey.
- 2007: Premio International Torsanlorenzo, Second Prize for Landscaping. Olivium Villas.
- 1975: AIA School Medal, Columbia University, School of Architecture
- 2006: Stockholm Public Library, Stockholm, Sweden.
- 2004: World Trade Center Memorial, New York, New York.
- 2001: Olivium Villas, Bodrum, Turkey, First Place
- 1997: Kansai Kan of the National Diet Library. Nara, Japan. Published: “Entries in the Architectural Design Competition for the Kansai-Kan National Diet Library”. 1997. Public Building Association, Japan.
- 1996: Prado Museum – International Competition for the Renovation and Extension of the Museum. Madrid, Spain.
- 1995: HAL-Mode -College of Fashion and Information Technology, Osaka, Japan. With Obayashi Corporation. Second Place.
- 1979: Les Halles – Paris, France. Honorable Mention.
Exhibition of Work
- 2007: Milan, Italy. Build-Up Expo, Fiera di Milano. AIA Continental Europe Stand.
- 2007: Turin, Italy. Exhibit and Lecture: “Architetti ‘americani’ in Europa” . Castello del Valentino, School of Architecture.
- 2005: Osaka, Japan. Lecture: “Sustainable Building Materials” Sunstar Foundation.
- 1996: Paris, France. AIA Continental Europe Conference. Lecture on Current Work.
- 1992: Osaka, Japan. Lecture: “Western Urban Design Concepts and Japanese Applications”, Presentation to Sunstar Foundation.
- 1991: Salone Internazionale dell’Architettura, Triennale di Milano, with COTEFA
Professional/Pro Bono Service
- 2014: Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA)Member
- 2008: Fellow of the American Institute of Architects
- 2007: AIA London Conference, “Excellence in Design-Design-Build”, Organizing Committee, London
- 2007-2008: AIA Continental Europe Chapter /Organizing Committee Member – Athens Conference
- 2007: AIA Continental Europe Chapter /Organizing Committee Member – “Europe / Sustainable Building Layer for Google Earth”.
- 2007: AIA Continental Europe Chapter /Organizer-Promoter: Build-Up Expo, Milan Real Estate Fair
- 2004-2007: AIA Liaison to Architects Council of Europe
- 2004-2007: AIA International Committee Advisory Group, ex officio member
- 2006: AIA/USA Delegate to UIA World Congress, Istanbul, Turkey
- 2005: Hole-in-the-Wall Gang Camps / Dynamo – pro bono design for new camp in Italy
- 1999: President – AIA Continental Europe Chapter
- 1998: AIA – Continental Europe Design Awards Organizing Committee Member
- 1997-1998: Vice President /President Elect AIA Continental Europe Chapter